1. How are you prioritising appointments?Read
2. My appointment is in August and you are now going to be open, why have you cancelled my check-up?Read
3. Can I have my hygienist and examination on the same day?Read
4. What happens if I cancel my appointment?Read
5. Why am I being triaged before I can book and appointment?Read
6. Is there anything I need to do before my appointment?Read
7. What happens when I attend my appointment?Read
8. How can I keep in touch with the practice to hear about the changes?Read
We have made some changes to how you visit us in order to comply with social distancing thus protecting you, our team and the wider community.
Please watch our patient journey video using this link
And read the following instructions carefully:
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Our dentist will call you check your medical history, run through your Covid status, see if you are having any trouble and complete as much of the necessary administration as possible before your visit.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME:
Good preparation at home will reduce the time spent in communal area in Mullan Gallagher and facilitate social distancing
- Clean your teeth as it will not be possible for you to do so at the practice.
- Go to the toilet. Ideally we would ask that you do not use the Mullan Gallagher toilet facilities but if that is not possible, please do so before your appointment and avoid using our facilities afterwards.
- Order any oral health supplies from home via phone or email so that we can have them ready for you to collect after your appointment.
- Complete any paperwork at home and e-mail it back or have it ready to hand to our Receptionist on arrival.
- Please do not bring anyone with you if this can be avoided. If a family member drives you to the practice, they should wait in the car; we will of course welcome carers who may need to accompany you.
- Please come with adequate clothing for a chilly environment even on a warm day. Our team may be wearing extra layers of PPE, our windows are open for ventilation and so the rooms could be much cooler than normal.
- We ask that you please pay for your appointment before you leave the practice. We only accept card payments at this time.
- When you arrive in our car park, please phone us to say you are here
- If we can accommodate you in our spacious socially distanced waiting room we will invite you straight in, if the waiting room is full we will ask you stay in your car and call you when we can safely accommodate you.
- Please leave coats bags and other personal items out of sight in your car bringing as few belongings into the building as possible.
- On arrival we will ask you to use a hand sanitiser and we will place your small items in a box
- When we are ready to see you we will invite you straight into the dental surgery which has been prepared to provide a safe environment for you.
- Your dentist and nurse will be speaking through their masks so please let us know if you are unable to hear us clearly
- We may provide you with a mouthwash to rinse with for before starting treatment.
- At the end of your procedure you will be asked to sanitise your hands before leaving the surgery
- The dentist will usually arrange your next appointment when you are in the surgery or call you shortly afterwards to arrange this, they will also email or post treatment plans to you.
- We will ask you to go to reception to pay using your debit or credit card.
Mullan Gallagher Dental Care operates the highest levels of infection control, we have thorough and complete decontamination, disinfection and sterilisation protocols and prodecures, we always have and we always will.
We look forward to welcoming you back
See you soon
To receive our newsletters and hear the latest updates on reopening, sign up below.